Do you find yourself reapplying lip balm and chapstick all the time? It’s because your lips aren’t really being hydrated! It is important to exfoliate your lips to remove dead skin bringing you a new fresh, soft and smooth lip.
To go zero waste, you can make your own natural lip scrub instead of buying commercial one. There are plenty of simple, natural DIY lip scrub recipes available for you to try.
Now, we will give you three simple recipes you can easily do at home.
1. Honey- sugar DIY lip scrub
- Mix one teaspoon of honey with two teaspoons of sugar
- Massage the mixture into your lips and leave for 10 minutes
- Use cotton balls or makeup remover to remove
Sugar is an effective natural exfoliant. When mixed with honey, it becomes a great moisturizing lip scrub.
2. Cinnamon DIY lip scrub
- Mix ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder, ½ tablespoon raw honey and ½ tablespoon olive oil together.
- Using your fingertips to apply the mixture to your lip.
- Rinse with warm water
Cinnamon is a natural lip plumper, it is a great exfoliator which helps you achieve smooth, soft lips instantly.
3. Lemonade DIY lip scrub
- Take 1 teaspoon of petroleum jelly and 2 teaspoons of sugar, mix them together.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to this mixture.
- Dab the mixture to your lip and then massage for one minute.
Lemon juice can be considered as a natural bleaching agent. This scrub helps exfoliate dead cells and refresh your lip skin.
This is really simple to make DIY lip scrub so you don't need to hurt your pocket by buying the pricey commercial products. On the other hand, you can just spend one time to make your DIY lip scrub, store it in small glass jar and then keep it cool in the fridge.